The world we live in today is contributing massively to significant global warming. Owing to the immense adverse effects of global warming to our planet, it is high time that we consider taking effective steps towards reducing our sources of pollution & global warming. Though the government authorities of most of the countries take up preventive measures towards preventing pollution, it is the responsibility of each individual out there to reduce carbon footprints on a personal level.
If you are looking forward to contributing to reducing carbon footprints individually, then here are some steps that you can take up:
- Consider Alternatives to Driving: Whenever possible, consider walking on your own or taking up some public means of conveyance for avoiding your individual carbon emissions completely. Public transportation and carpooling can drastically help in reducing carbon dioxide emissions by spreading them out across several riders effectively.
- Insulate & Seal Your Home: Try reducing air leaks and drafts with insulation, caulk, and effective weather stripping. There are several countries offering specialized programs as well as incentives towards facilitating this. You can consider taking up professional help from the same.
- Add Solar Panels: Solar panels might appear an expensive affair to many. However, it can turn out to be an effective one-time investment towards reducing your individual carbon footprints to a greater extent. You can try installing solar panels to the roof of your home. This can turn out to be immensely energy-efficient and can save the emission of excess amounts of carbon dioxide through other means of energy production.
- Cut Meat Consumption: For those who might not be aware of the fact that it takes a lot of resources including water and energy in raising a meat industry, it is high time that you consider going vegetarian or vegan. The beef and dairy industry contributes a lot to deforestation and wastage of the earth’s natural resources like forests and water.
- Reuse & Recycle: This turns out to be the golden rule of reducing your carbon footprints on this planet. As per a recent study, it has been revealed that around 20 percent of the overall greenhouse gas emissions come from the provision of goods. This implies the extraction & production of resources, transportation, and the eventual disposal of goods which would also include product packaging, passenger vehicles, and building components. When you buy used products & try recycling or reselling the items that you might no longer use, you are dramatically reducing your overall carbon footprints.
- Support Green & Clean Energy Sources: Whenever it is possible for you, try advocating for cleaner & greener alternatives to fossil fuels. These alternatives could include solar energy, wind energy, hydroelectric energy, geothermal, organic energy, and so more.
- Be Smart Electric-Savvy: If you happen to be an electric appliance-enthusiast, then it is vital that you should act like a smart user. There are several energy efficient options when it comes to buying electrical appliances like refrigerators, air conditioners, and so more
Be a responsible human being!